Saturday, January 24, 2009

Who else but Nemo?


Nemo is my son's goldfish. We've had him for 5 years. The past two years he has been outside in the goldfish pond. Last spring I made the mistake of putting some Comets in there. Those are the kind of goldfish like you get at festivals. Before long I had 100 Comets and 1 Nemo. This fall I posted on our local freecycle for someone to take them. In the process of getting all of them, the pond was pretty well trashed. We decided that Nemo would spend the winter inside and we would redo the pond in the spring. Much to my surprise, there are still about 10 Comets left in that little pond. You can see them swimming around under the ice. Guess I'll post again on freecycle and pass the rest along to another lucky soul.

6 Your thoughts:

Jo-Anne Price said...

I totally LOVE this shot! I've been trying to get one of my daughter's Beta, but he seems to be camera shy!

Jane said...

Lovely photo and you must be doing something right to keep a goldfish alive that long!!

Anonymous said...

I love goldfish! Love the colors. Great capture.

Jodie's 365 Project said...

Good shot. It must have been tricky shooting through the glass.

Anonymous said...

We can never get a gold fish to live that long. Cool picture. Love how you caught the fins

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

I love the color -- so vibrant!