Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little Wren


This little Wren inspired me to get out and do some bird shots today. She poked around every nook and cranny on the porch. I think she was looking for spider eggs. It seemed she took interest in every tiny web that was out there. Last year they built a nest in the corner of my back kitchen window. Today, even when I got my camera and went outside she wasn't shy and let me get very close. Of course when I'm shooting with the Bigma, I don't have to be that close.

The feeders were a busy spot today and I got several good shots of various birds. I couldn't just pick one to post today.

Female Cardinal and House Finches
The one peeping around the feeder makes me smile.




Titmouse holding tight to her seed. In the second picture you can see the shell falling away.




House Finches and Goldfinches






Nuthatch busy on the suet block





Last but not least a Male Cardinal


So there you have my birding adventure for today. Standing on the porch, wearing house shoes, with the Bigma on a Monopod and freezing my booty off for about 1/2 an hour. :)

7 Your thoughts:

Jane said...

Well it was worth braving the cold - these are great shots. They are all nice and sharp and clear.

Anonymous said...

Great shots! The colors and DOF is very appealing.

Andrea said...

Well I appreciate the sacrifice Dana! These are great! I love the titmouse!

Anonymous said...

I really like your bird photos, they are so sharp.

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

Beautiful colors! All I have here are blue jays and starlings...

I hope to get a couple pics of them eventually.

Dana said...

We are out in the country and surround on 3 sides by deep woods and the other side is large open fields. We get a variety of birds here. The hawks watch my bird feeders also and will make swoops right through the middle of them. I love to see them, but don't want to see them make the kill!

Jo-Anne Price said...

I absolutely LOVE your bird photos!