Thursday, January 8, 2009

Feed Me!

Chester

How can you resist that face? Meet Chester, our Miniature Donkey. He’s such a sweetheart and always hungry. Chester is another one of our rescues. He’s been lucky twice in his life. The first time he was rescued off a trailer full of donkeys that were heading for the killers. The people that rescued him from there fell on hard times and could not afford to feed him, so now he has a permanent home with us. Babyface (our rescue Thoroughbred) and Chester get along famously. They are tried and true buddies. From the looks of their thick shaggy coats, it should be a cold winter. They sure are fuzzy.

Spike

This is Spike. Of course he had to have his nose in the middle of whatever it was I was doing out there at the fence. Might miss a morsel. Spike is also another rescue. He was a tiny kitten that would barely fit in your hand. He was dumped in the median of a busy 4-lane highway. He is the sweetest thing and has grown into a beautiful cat.

Dana’s rescue is just about full!! We have a horse, a donkey, 3 dogs and 4 cats. All rescues or unwanted animals. They will live out the rest of their lives here with us. No more worries for them.

7 Your thoughts:

Anonymous said...

They're both so cute!

Andrea said...

Love that shot of Chester!

Jane said...

yaaaaaay! Glad you made it over here. I had commented on some of your other great photos at the other site but the comments never showed up. Anyway, just wanted to say I admire your work and look forward to following your blog here.

Jodie's 365 Project said...

Yay! Now I can leave comments. :)

I love the donkey - he has so much character, and I love the kitty too.

Anonymous said...

My 2 year old was sitting with me when I first looked at these. He made the horse sound and then a meow. Then demanded more! I really like the shot of Chester. What a fun pet to have! Your kitty shot is a bit blurry just like mine! I can NOT get that cat to sit totally still for the 1/40 of a second I need to take the shot!

Heather said...

I love the donkey. So cute

Jo-Anne Price said...

Gorgeous cat and I LOVE the photo of Chester!!