Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kitchen Witch

Look who's landed in your kitchen
Bringing fortune to your home
It's me the lucky kitchen witch
Your special little gnome
I'll end burnt pots
I'll keep meals hot
I'll do such magic chores
For I'm your lucky kitchen witch
Keep me safe by your kitchen door.


LEGEND OF THE KITCHEN WITCH:

Depending where you do your research on the legend or folklore of Kitchen Witches, some materials may tell you Kitchen Witches are of German descent, while other might say they are a Norwegian custom handed down from generation to generation. The one thing we can be sure of is that the Kitchen Witche is from European decent.

Kitchen Witch folklore tells us the kitchen witch is a good witch, making the kitchen a warm, cozy, and comfortable place to be in. She is a gentle, whimsical, loving creature, performing wonderful magic that out tricks the bad witch, who is full of mischief . Therefore, the bad witch looses her power to foil and ruin your cooking. According to legend, cakes, breads, and other pastries will rise according to recipes. Milk will not sour or spoil. Cooking pots won't boil over. Toast, potatoes, and rice won't burn. Spices you mix will be perfect, as well as the tea and coffee you serve.

5 Your thoughts:

Jodie's 365 Project said...

Nice! I've never seen a glass kitchen witch.

Anonymous said...

That is so interesting...cool.

Jo-Anne Price said...

Love the colors and dop! I've heard of them before, but I've never seen one!

Jane said...

Love your kitchen witch and the legend behind it!

Anonymous said...

Neat witch. I have never heard that before.