Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pretty Candles



I fell in love with these candles, but taking a good picture of them proved to be a challenge. They are tall stemware and the stems kept becoming transparent on the black background. The base would show well and the tops with the candles, but not the stems. I also had a lot of reflections from everything in the rooms showing up. This is something I need to work on and figure out. I'm also trying out the image upload on Blogger instead of linking to my Smugmug account.

Today I found a template I can live with. I wish is were wider and I'm not happy with the graphics, but I'm working on changing that up a bit. Stay tuned!

5 Your thoughts:

Jane said...

Those are lovely candles. I think the photograph turned out very nicely too. I really like your new template. I've never seen one like it.

Anonymous said...

That looks really romantic. lol

Pam said...

I think it's a beautiful shot. I like the new template too.

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

Lovely! That could be a stock photo!

Jo-Anne Price said...

Lovely shot! I get a feel of beauty, elegance and warmth from this photo!